9.03.2009

Fun Tidbit: I wrote that last blog while I was "working". It was also susequently my last day of work.



and now for something completely different. I was on a cleaning and homework doing rampage yesterday and on my well deserved break I sped off into the dark summer night to Barnes and Nobels. If you spotted me and didn't say hello, you would have noticed that I was pacing back and forth between "Self Medication" and "Crafts". Why did i spend so much time here and there? Well A) the fashion section is under "Self Medication" why? and B) Where is the car section?



BUT I DIGRESS.



So I picked up a little pale pink book titled: "The Little Dictionary of Fashion" by Christian Dior. Its an amazing book dating back to 1954 and later re-printed in 2007. Absolutly fantastic! What a taste? Here you go!

"BLACK:

The most popular and the most convenient and the most elegant of all colors. And I say color on purpose, because black may be sometimes just as striking as a color. It is the most slimming of all colors and, unless you have a bad complexion, it is one of the most flattering. You can wear black at any time. You can wear it at any age. You may wear it for almost any occasion. A "little black frock" is essential to a woman's wardrobe. I could write a book about black ... "

so there you go! if you want advice on how to wear frocks, suits, coats, etc. from Christian Dior, go get a copy for yourself!



Also on my get list from B&N:

The Little Black Book of Style

This Is Not A Book!

Living Out Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment